Elevator AttendantShare this:
Reports to: Supervisor
Salary Range (DOE): $16 p/h - Part time
Deadline to Apply: June 01, 2018
($16 hourly. Part Time and Full Time, Weekdays and Weekends)
Community- based organization that provides holistic programs supporting education, leadership and workforce
development, arts enrichment, and recreation to at-risk African American youth and young adults living in the Bayview Hunters Point community of San Francisco.
The positions is working alongside the nonprofit and Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and the San
Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). The positions are in the BART and SFMTA’s Powell Street and Civic Center/UN Plaza stations. The Elevator Attendant will be responsible for the operation and cleanliness of the elevators between the street level entrance to the concourse level and the BART level to the SFMTA level. The purpose of the position is to provide a clean, safe, and operating elevator. Attendants will also ensure reliability to those who
depend on the elevators (patrons with disabilities, families with strollers, and patrons with luggage).
Through active engagement with the public and providing excellent customer service.
The Elevator Attendant will be responsible for collecting data and administering surveys to patrons.
Elevator Attendants will be responsible for each of the following duties:
- Operating the street and platform elevators by pushing the buttons for customers.
- Ensure that elevators are appropriately utilized by BART/MUNI patrons.
- Ensure the elevators are safe by addressing any inappropriate or illegal activities inand around elevators and elevator platforms, with effective communication or contacting BART police and/or SFPD, as appropriate.
- Maintain cleanliness of the elevators and elevator platforms by pleasantly reminding patrons not to litter, clearing any litter or debris from BART/MUNI elevators and elevator platforms, or by promptly contacting BART/MUNI janitorial services, as appropriate.
- And other duties
Must be skilled in:
- Working effectively both independently and with a crew. Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must have California Identification Card
- Must have High School Diploma and or GED
- Must possess sufficient physical ability to walk, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, stand and twist.
- Must possess sufficient physical ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must possess sufficient physical ability to work in a dusty, greasy and dirty environment subject to odors and noise.
Field environment; exposure to inclement weather, dust, grease, dirt, odors and noise.
Physical Conditions: Requires maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, twisting, and walking on uneven surface.
For more information or to apply for this and other positions, contact Success Center SF at : email@example.com or call 415-549-7000 and ask for Keith Hazell.